This dish is inspired by a cooking show on SCV, My Greek Kitchen. In the original they'll put herbs and use olive oil instead. So this is CoCo's simplified version. Just as good mind you...
The original recipie uses pork shoulder meat. Which is just as good! See below for pictures...
For 2 persons:
2 drumsticks (note: not enough - you may want to add more)
4 slices of bacon (note: not enough! because it just taste SO good!)
3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 big onion, cut into big chunks
Pinch of salt, pepper & oil
Sprinkle of paprika (optional)
1. Preheat your oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees
2. Put everything into a baking tray (except for your bacon) and mix them all up!
3. Place your bacon slices on top of the mix
4. Drizzle a little oil over everything. This would help with the browning of your bacon.
5. Cover the tray with aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour
6. Remove the aluminium cover and bake for another 30 minutes. This would help to make everything brown and crispy!
The beauty about baking a dinner - NO MESSY KITCHEN! Can you tell that dinner is being prepared in this kitchen below??
This is the pork shoulder version. I skipped the paprika for the pork.
After 1.5 hours, the meat becomes so juicy and tender! A must try!