天然面包香 by 獨角仙@藍色大門 (Natural Bread Made Easy by Kin @ Blue Gate)
Hubby asked me to make pandan raisin bread, but I really wanted to make this one instead. Look how pretty it is!!!
I have never eaten purple sweet potatoes before, I think the original was from Japan. I found a cheaper version at Cold Storage, which was from Vietnam, and only a few cents more then your average sweet potatoes.
Did you know that it is also a SUPER nutritious food? Check it out!
Anyway, on with the recipe. Another thing that I LOVE about the book, every recipe has a BAKER'S PERCENTAGE, which allows you to adjust the portion according to your liking. Awesome... So this recipe is adjusted to about half of the original portion.
Bread flour 210g
Warm water 120g
Instant yeast 6g
Skim milk powder 6g
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Add flour, salt, skim milk powder and knead until soft.
- Cover the dough in cling wrap. Refrigerate to let it prove for 17 hours.
Bread flour 90g
Skim milk powder 9g
Warm water 75g
Instant yeast 3g
Unsalted butter 24g
Sweet potatoes 150g
- Cut the pre-fermented dough into small pieces.
- Steam the purple sweet potato with the skin on. Peel and mash it. Save some for filling.
- Knead all ingredients of dough together (except the butter). Add pre-fermented dough piece by piece. Knead after each addition until soft and smooth. Add butter. Knead until stretchable consistency.
- Put the dough into a big bowl. Cover with a cling wrap. Let it prove for about 25-30minutes.
- Divide the dough into eight small portions and round them. Set aside to rest for about 20mins.
- Flatten each piece of dough with your hands to drive the air out. Round them again. Press flat. Stuff them with mashed sweet potato. Round again. Place dough into greased chiffon mould. Cover with cling wrap.
- Let it prove for about 45mins or until the dough has risen to about 80 percent of the depth of the mould. Brush egg wash on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 30-35mins.
太好吃了!!! It's moist, chewy and oh so delicious! Definitely my BEST bread yet.
Will bring some to parents tomorrow, I'm sure they would be super impressed! Oh, I will also be submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction. It's my very first submission, as I just missed last month's theme, which was CHOCOLATE. DUH right, I've got so many chocolate creations! Anyway, I'm quite pleased with this latest bread creation, so it's perfect! :)