Teacher's day is here! To celebrate my daughter's very 1st Teacher's Day celebration, I made some Almond Biscotti for her two teachers. To thank them for taking such good care of my baby girl!
I found a recipe from one of my cookbooks, Donna Hay - Modern Classics Book 2
We'll need :
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup blanched almonds
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and almonds in a bowl and mix together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well to form a dough. Divide the dough into two.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. The dough would be quite wet and sticky, so dust your hands with flour and shape into two logs and flatten it slightly.
- Place logs on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 35minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the logs into thin slices and placed on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the biscotti are crisp.
- Store in an airtight container and serve dunked into espresso coffee or liqueur. Makes 40.
Since it was a present, I placed them into airtight ziplock bags and wrapped them in pink tissue paper. There enough for the both of them, plus some for our own enjoyment! Yums!
Happy Teacher's Day! Hope they enjoyed it as much as we did.