Saturday, August 6, 2011

Miss CoCo's Home Made Waffles

I've got a new toy! My sister stays in Hong Kong, and near her place is a street named 上海街 (shanghai street) that sells ALL sorts of amazing wholesale stuff such as kitchen appliances and ANYTHING you need in a kitchen. So when my parents were visiting, I kindly asked them to help me buy a waffle maker! So here is my new toy!



By the way, this brand, Aunt Jemima, makes awesome pancakes. I used to buy their frozen mini pancakes, but their pancake mix is just as good.

Anyway, you can use their mix to make waffles too, so I did that and made my very first batch of home-made waffles.



Honestly, I was a little disappointed as I like my waffle like those at Geláre, crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside.



Mine wasn't as crispy, in fact, it was like pancakes in the shape of waffles. -_- The second time I did it, I made sure that the waffle iron was nice and hot, quickly poured the batter in and closed the cover. True enough, the crust was more brown and more crispy than the 1st time. Still it wasn't good enough. I will try another recipe next time, probably something made from scratch. Will keep you updated!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...