Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ah Hui Big Prawn Noodles



Hubby recommended me to this prawn noodles stall at Longhouse Food Court at Upper Thomson Road. I think this is already quite a popular stall as most of the people go there for their prawn noodles.

The food came quite quick, which I love, and another thing I love? You can never go wrong with fragrant home made deep fried pork lard and fried shallots. Not those factory made, dried up, flavorless, pathetic excuse of a fried shallot many food stores buy.

Anyway, the soup have pretty good flavour, the jumbo prawns (I got 3 pieces) was very sweet and scrunchy, and again, I love the pork lard and fried shallots. Of course, this pales in comparison to the Wah Kee Prawn Noodles, but it was good nonetheless.

The noodles comes with a side of the usual chilli padi and their ultra hot chilli powder. Word of caution, it is hot! I only added a small pinch and it was enough to make me sweat with a runny nose. Though there was this guy at the next table who poured the whole thing in plus more into his soup. Siao~! Haha, everybody's taste is different!

Ah Hui Big Prawn Noodles
Longhouse Food Court
183 Upper Thomson Road
Big prawn noodles - $6.00
Regular - $3.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...