Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Orange Muffins



Hubby bought some oranges but complained that it was a little too dry for him, so I've got 5 oranges left in the fridge. What to do? So I found this recipe online and the muffins turned out delicious! The original recipe had some chopped walnuts in it, but I didn't have any at hand, so mine is just plain orange muffins. Also, I used salted butter, so I didn't add any extra salt.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
2/3 orange juice
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs

Topping:
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (I use white sugar)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (not a fan of cinnamon, I only use a small pinch)

1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, white sugar and orange zest.
2. Mix the juice, melted butter and eggs and gently fold in the dry ingredients. Don't mix too hard or too long or the muffins would turn out hard.
3. Pour into muffin cups till 3/4 full.
4. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
5. Bake in preheated oven (350F / 175C) for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!
For the full original recipe, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...