Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Raisin Butter Rolls
Hubby loved raisin bread and butter rolls, so I thought I combine 2 of his favourite type of bread together. Turns out ok, just wished it was more buttery.
High protein / Bread flour 300g
Instant yeast 6g
Caster sugar 30g
Egg + Warm water 190g
Raisins 50g (should have added more, like 100g)
Extra melted butter for finished rolls.
1. Mix warm water with egg. Mix yeast, sugar and salt into flour. Mix egg mixture into flour mixture by hand and transfer onto work table dusted with flour.
2. Knead dough until smooth and smear butter onto dough before kneading again. Add raisins before fneading dough till surface is smooth and not sticky.
3. Pinch dough into a ball and place into an oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and allow to rise about 40min till dough is double its size.
4. Cut dough into small equal portions. Flatten it slightly and return it into a ball shape again by pinching from top to bottom. Let it rest for 10mins.
5. Roll the dough as per diagram below and let it rest for 5 mins. After 5 minutes, flatten the dough by pulling on one side of the dough and roll in from the wide side in.
6. Place rolls onto baking tray and allow it to double in size, approximately 40mins.
7. Bake for 12mins at 180 degree celsius. Brush melted butter onto freshly baked rolls.