Wednesday, March 24, 2010
CoCo's Butter Cake
My baking mood was on, so I dug out an old cookbook and made a butter cake!
Baby was napping, so I didn't even use the electric mixer! Arms ended up all sore and tired, but biting into the warm buttery cake during teatime was worth all the effort!
The stupid recipe book indicated only 25 minutes of baking, but it ended up with raw batter in the middle! Argh! So here I indicated a longer baking time.
300g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
5 eggs (I only had 4 - still ok :D)
1. Glaze oil and line baking tin with baking paper. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
2. Sieve flour and baking powder.
3. Beat half of the icing sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
4. Separate egg yolk and white. Beat egg white and other half of icing sugar till fluffy then add in egg yolks. Continue beating until creamy.
5. Using hand, blend butter mixture and egg mixture evenly, add in flour and mix well. Pour mixture into baking tin and bake for about 45 minutes.
6. Cool cake in pan for 5 mins before inverting it onto a wire mesh to be further cooled.
Serve with a cup of hot tea or coffee! YUMZ~!