After checking with my previous entry, I realised that I've actually posted this recipe before, but it was a more simple version and it was more asian style, served with mushroom rice.
We didn't feel like eating rice today, so we opted for a western style of dining...
1. Place the boneless chicken thighs into a ziplock bag and add in the marinate:
2 cloves of garlic - roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of ground ginger *TIP*
a good splash of teriyaki sauce
Then I just throw the zipped up bag into the fridge and let it marinate for 20-30mins.
2. About 30mins before we are ready to dine, preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10mins
3. Marinate the corn with a little of the chicken marinate, oil & a pinch of salt.
4. Place everything onto your baking tray and pop them into the oven for 20mins!
5. After dishing out the meat, you can make some sauce! To make the sauce, pour the drippings from the baking tray onto a frying pan. Add some liquids (wine, stock or water) and heat it up a little. Add some cornstarch water to thicken the sauce.
6. Serve with a nice green garden salad!
I saw this on TV! Next time you buy fresh ginger, keep some frozen ones in your freezer. It's a great idea because:
1. It keeps it fresh for longer
2. When you need ginger as a marinate, grind it into the food. The frozen ginger becomes something like a ginger powder - perfect for marinates.