Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CoCo's Fool-Proof Sardines

This is a super simple dish and Cobby absoulutely loves this! Highly recommended for all you people who needed to whip up something real quick!

All you need is:
Canned Sardines (I love Ayam Brand)
Onion - sliced
Chilli padi - sliced
Lime or calamasi juice
Ketchup
Salt & Sugar

Note that I didn't state how much! Cause it's all up to you! SO FLEXIBLE RIGHT! You like onions? Slice 2 or more. You like it hot and spicy? Cut 2 chillis. Don't like? Cut 1 only lor... Haha...

I know... the canned sardines is already soak in tomato sauce! Why do we still need to add ketchup?? You see, the sardine tomato sauce is quite bland and tasteles, so the sauce would be even more fabulous and rich when you add in some ketchup!



**In case you're wondering what's that 2 yellow lumps on the little dish, they are frozen calamasi juice. I juice the whole packet of calamasi and freeze it so that I can store it and use only when I need it. I learnt it from a friend's mommy!**

Anyway:
1. Fry the onions in oil and a pinch of salt till it's nice and soft.



2. Add in the whole can of sardines (I like to half it 1st), chilli, ketchup and a little water and let it bubble for awhile.

3. Add a little sugar and salt to taste.

4. Just before turning off the heat, stir in the calamasi juice

5. SERVE~!



Goes fabulously with a steaming bowl of rice!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...