Got this recipe from a new cooking book I bought a few weeks ago. My daughter and husband loves corn, so this would be a great recipe for the family. High in fibre, vitamins and natural sweetness, this is a great way to sneak in some vegetables into their daily diet!
My blender was too powerful, so my corn turned out more like a corn puree. The corn mixture was so fine that they can hardly tell there's fresh corn in the bread. Hubby suggested that I make the corn more chunky, good idea, will do that next time. :)
50ml Warm water
4g Instant dry yeast
150g Fresh sweet corn kernel, blended with 50ml of water
350g High protein flour
50g Unsalted butter
- Grease loaf tin (8"X5"X5")
- Mix Set A ingredients together and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all ingredients (except butter) and mix into a dough.
- Add in butter and knead for another 7 minutes or so, until the dough is smooth and elastic and does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Remove the dough, oil the bowl and put dough back inside the bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let it rest until it double's in size, about 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, round up and set it aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, roll it up neatly. Roll it out in the opposite direction, roll it up again, and place it into the loaf tin.
- Cover loaf tin with cling wrap and let it rise until it fills about 80% of the tin.
- Cover tin with lid and bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove and unmould the loaf onto wire rack to cool. Slice and serve.