Thursday, June 26, 2008

Botak Jones

There was alot of hype about this food outlet, all just because an Ang Moh opens a food store at a coffee shop. Many of my friends have tried it before, and their reponse to the food? "it's OK lah..." they all say. What does that mean? So to put my curiousity to rest, I suggested a burger meal at Botak Jones (Ang Mo Kio Branch) one Sunday evening.

First impression? Crowded! There's a long queue at the store and most of the customers belong to Botak Jones. With so many customers, the food couldn't be that bad I guess...



So we ordered their Botak Burger and waited for about 20 minutes before the food came. Oops, they forgot to put the cheese, so we had to wait another 15 minutes before finally getting to meet our dinner.

The burger did looked quite good honestly...



The portion is very big, so it's good for hungry people. But taste wise?



It's OK lah Now I know what that means. It's not bad tasting, but it's not fantastic either. Just a few more dollars and you can get a much much better tasting burger at Earl Swensen's. Plus air-conditioning seating too. Haha...

I ordered a little dessert too, which... was quite sad looking...

my little apple pie...


Well, I did see other people order giant sausages, which looked good too. So was I just unlucky and ordered the wrong dish? Or is Botak Jones just all gimmick? I'm leaning more to the latter really :)

Block 529 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
Singapore 560529
Phone / Fax: 67551225
Everyday 11:30 am till 10:00 pm (last orders)
http://www.botakjones.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...