This recipe is tried and tested and is currently Cobby's favourite. He claims it's restaurant standard, but the best thing is... it is SO easy to make!
The key is the ingredients so try to get them in the supermarket. Especially the anchovies!
For 2 people, you need:
A handful of spaghetti (about the circumference of a slightly bigger 50cent coin)
3 slices of bacon – cut into small piecesAny type of meat – can prawn or chicken. Or just have it by itself.
3 pieces of anchovies
4 cloves of garlic - chopped (if you are not a garlic fan, you can use less)
1 capsicum – chopped
1 tomato – remove the seeds and chopped
2 small onions – chopped
3 chilli padis – cut into big pieces
1. Add some salt and oil into a pot of water and prepare your ingredients while waiting for it to boil.
2. Put in the spaghetti only when the water boils.
3. Fry the bacon in the pan with some oil. The oil would crisp the bacon faster.
4. When the bacon is just slightly brown, put in all the vegetables and the anchovies.
5. Add a pinch of salt to sweat the onions
6. If you want to add any meat or seafood, now is the time. Stir fry it till it is cooked. The stir fry should be quite moist and oily now.
7. The noodles should be ready now – try eating a strand of the pasta to make sure that it is the right consistency for you. When you are satisfied, drain the noodles and pour it into the pan.
8. Stir fry! Main objective is to coat the pasta with all the ingredients, sauce, oil, everything! Add in another pinch of salt and stir again till it’s incorporated.
9. Always remember to taste your food! If it is bland add more salt. The anchovies and salt should be enough for taste, but generally pasta is very bland and we did not marinate the meat/seafood. So flavour according to your liking.