Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pasta with Cheese and Sweetcorn



As a stay home mom, I'm starting to go crazy just thinking of what to cook for the next meal! So one day I thought I sought some inspiration from the library, and found this recipe.

Interestingly, the Caucasian idea of a meal is a little different from what I was taught as an Asian Mom. Nothing wrong, I guess it is just quite enlightening. Maybe we Asian moms need to lightened up when it comes to meal times. Does bread only can to be eaten at breakfast? Does rice always need to be our staple at every meal?

I grew up in a family where a "proper" meal equates to a hot meal consisting of rice, soup, vegetables and meat. But in this day and age, I think as long as the child is receiving all the necessary nutrients and eating healthy, it doesn't really matter what constitutes as a proper meal. Right?

So I broke away from tradition and tried instead of what my baby likes, and this recipe seemed perfect. More importantly, it is easy and quick to make, which I think is vital to all mothers out there.

  1. Cook pasta according to packet’s instructions.
  2. Stir in the sweetcorn a few minutes before the end of the cooking time and cook until both are cooked.
  3. Drain and return to pan. Add cheddar cheese, ham, parsley(optional) and butter and stir everything together.

As expected, my 2 year old daughter loved it, even I was savoring every bite! I tried a few more recipes from the book, but I think this one is a keeper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...