Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I got this recipe from Donna Hay - Modern Classics Book 2. I was a little bored one evening, so I wanted to do something simple, fuss free. This is a sweet, buttery and crumbly cookie with jam in the middle. Very easy to do, and a nice snack to nibble on. :)
180g butter, softened
1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Jam of your choice (I use rasberry)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer till its light and creamy.
3. Add egg and mix well.
4. Stir through the flour and baking powder and mix into a dough.
5. Roll into small balls with about 3cm in diameter. Place onto baking tray with non-stick baking paper, allowing room for the biscuits to spread a little during baking.
6. Flatten the dough slightly and make a little indent in the middle of the dough. Fill the hole with jam.
7. Bake for 10minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool on wire racks.