Saturday, August 30, 2008

CoCo's Banana Cakelettes

I have some really ripe bananas left over, so I dug up my recipie book and decided to make a banana cake! As I was preparing, I was suddenly inspired to add a twist to it. Instead of the usual cake tin, I opted for my muffin tins instead. So I'll have ready-to-eat little cakes!



Ingredients
150g of really ripe bananas
2 teaspoons of lime juice (or calamasi juice - same)
150g butter
150g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

1. Butter the muffin tins and preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius
2. Mash bananas with a fork and mix in the lime juice
3. Beat the butter and sugar till it's light and fluffy
4. Add the eggs into the mixture a little at a time, mixing well between additions
5. Fold in half the flour and baking soda without over-mixing or beating the mixture
6. Fold in the banana mixture
7. Fold in the rest of the flour
8. Spoon the mixture into the buttered tins - fill it up to 3/4 full only
9. Bake it for 30 minutes or until the cakes is well risen and golden brown


(test: poke a knife into the middle of the cake - if the knife comes out clean, the cake is ready)

10. Let the cakes cool in the tin for about 10minutes before running a knife around the edges and placing the cakes onto a wire tray to cool.



NOTE: The cakettles turned out to be quite sweet! Although I have no problems with that, given that I've got such sweet tooth... You may want to reduce the amount of sugar to 100-125g if you don't like your cakes too sweet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...