Beef (Shin) 300 grams
Carrot 1 large stick, chopped
Radish Half a stick, chopped
Spices & Flavoring (A)
Black peppercorn cracked slightly with the flat of your knife
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp Five spice powder
6 slices of ginger
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp of cornstarch + water
1. Briefly boil the beef in water for a minute and drain.
2. Pour fresh water into the pot of beef so that the water covers the meat with an addition of another 1 inch of water on top.
3. Add in everything in Spices & Flavoring (A) and boil in high heat for ½ hour
5. Add your carrots and radish and continue to simmer until it turns soft. (estimated – 20mins) Add water if necessary.
4. Lower the fire and simmer for another ½ hour
6. Stuff to be added when carrots and radish has turned soft:
a. Oyster sauce for a more intense flavor
b. Dark soya sauce for that rich brown colour
c. Cornstarch mixed with water to thicken the gravy
7. Serve with steamy fluffy rice and serve! Enjoy...